Lost in Translation: A Love Story on Campus (Script)
Lost in Translation: A Love Story on Campus
Logline: Four college students navigate the complexities of love, loss, and self-discovery amidst the vibrant chaos of university life, grappling with hidden desires, unexpected connections, and the enduring power of second chances.
Characters:
Ethan: (Late 20s, Dark Hair, Brown Eyes) - A flamboyant and charismatic theater student, Ethan is a whirlwind of energy and passion. He's fiercely independent, unapologetically himself, and always ready with a witty remark or a dramatic gesture.
Rockuletta: (Early 20s, Auburn Hair, Green Eyes) - A brilliant and ambitious theater major, Rockuletta is a force to be reckoned with. Confident and intelligent, she's captivated by the magic of the stage and dreams of becoming a renowned director.
Francesca: (Early 20s, Black Hair, Brown Eyes) - Rockuletta's best friend, Francesca is blunt, witty, and fiercely loyal. She's a realist with a sharp tongue, and while she's incredibly attractive, she refuses to settle for anything less than true love.
Spencer: (Early 20s, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes) - A shy and introverted genius, Spencer excels academically but struggles to connect with people on a deeper level. He's deeply passionate about literature and film, and often finds solace in the world of books. He wears glasses most of the time to distinguish himself from his twin brother.
Sawyer: (Early 20s, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes) - Spencer's identical twin brother, Sawyer is the opposite of his introverted sibling. Outgoing and adventurous, he's a skilled craftsman with a love for the outdoors. He's bisexual but struggles to reconcile his sexuality with his past.
Becca/Rebecca: (Early 20s, Red Hair, Green Eyes) - A passionate poet with a fiery spirit, Becca is independent and fiercely independent. She met Sawyer at a poetry club picnic and quickly fell for his charm. However, a misunderstanding shattered their relationship, leaving her heartbroken and wary of love.
Scene 1:
INT. COLLEGE LIBRARY - DAY
Spencer hunches over a worn copy of "Romeo & Juliet," completely absorbed in the text. Rockuletta, perched on a nearby table, observes him with a curious smile.
ROCKULETTA (Teasingly) Lost in the world of literature, Bookworm?
Spencer jumps, startled, and quickly closes the book.
SPENCER Oh, hey, Rockuletta. I, uh... I didn't see you there.
ROCKULETTA Reading Shakespeare, I see. Always a classic. You know, for someone who spends all their time with their nose in a book, you're surprisingly oblivious to the world around you.
SPENCER (Blushing) I... I guess so.
Rockuletta smiles, intrigued by his awkward charm.
ROCKULETTA You should come to auditions for our next production. We're doing "A Midsummer Night's Dream." You'd be perfect for Puck.
SPENCER (Stuttering) Me? In a play? I... I don't think so. I'm not... I'm not very good at...
ROCKULETTA Nonsense. You're an intellectual. You can bring a unique depth to the role. Besides, it would be good for you to step outside your comfort zone.
Spencer hesitates, tempted by the unexpected invitation.
Scene 2:
INT. COLLEGE CAFETERIA - DAY
Ethan, dressed in a flamboyant outfit, dramatically gestures towards a group of students.
ETHAN Did you see that? That tragic display of fashion! Dear God, the humanity!
Francesca, sipping her coffee, rolls her eyes.
FRANCESCA You're such a drama queen, Ethan.
ETHAN Drama is my life, Francesca. Besides, someone has to protect the innocent from such sartorial atrocities.
ETHAN (Spotting Sawyer across the cafeteria) Speak of the devil! Look, it's the other half of the dynamic duo.
Sawyer, looking slightly disheveled, waves at them. He's accompanied by a beautiful woman with fiery red hair.
ETHAN (Leans closer to Francesca) Who's the lovely lady? New girlfriend?
Francesca raises an eyebrow. "New girlfriend?" Sawyer? Now that's a sight to behold.
FRANCESCA Don't be ridiculous. Sawyer's not the type to settle down.
ETHAN Never say never, my dear. Love has a funny way of surprising us. Besides, remember that time he was practically glued to that poetry club girl? Becca, was it?
Francesca's smile fades. "Becca." The memory of Becca's heartbroken face flashes before her eyes. She remembers the day of the poetry club picnic, the way Sawyer's eyes lit up when he saw Becca, the intensity of their connection.
FLASHBACK 1
INT. PARK - DAY
Sunlight filters through the leaves as Sawyer and Becca sit on a blanket, surrounded by poetry books and picnic baskets. Becca, captivated by a blooming rose, begins to write a poem, her brow furrowed in concentration. Sawyer watches her, mesmerized.
BECCA (Muttering to herself) "Crimson petals, thorns unseen, a love story yet to be..."
Sawyer leans closer, his breath catching in his throat. He's never seen anyone so beautiful, so utterly absorbed in her own world.
SAWYER (Softly) It's beautiful, Becca.
Becca looks up, startled, then smiles.
BECCA Thank you, Sawyer. You think so?
SAWYER Absolutely. You have a gift.
Their eyes meet, and a spark ignites between them.
END FLASHBACK 1
Francesca remembers the whirlwind romance that followed, the way Sawyer blossomed around Becca, his confidence growing with each passing day. Then, the day of their anniversary picnic…
FLASHBACK 2
INT. PARK - DAY
Sawyer and Becca are celebrating their anniversary picnic. They are laughing and sharing stories. Suddenly, Leon tackles Sawyer to the ground, landing on top of him. There's a stunned silence. Then, Leon, realizing what he's done, quickly jumps off, his face flushed.
LEON (Stuttering) I… I'm so sorry, Sawyer! I didn't mean to…
Sawyer, dazed, looks at Leon, then at Becca. Becca, pretending not to have seen anything, smiles awkwardly.
BECCA (Forcing a smile) It's alright, Leon. No harm done.
Leon, mortified, apologizes again and quickly walks away.
SAWYER (To Becca) I… I'm sorry about that. Leon can be a bit… clumsy sometimes.
Becca forces a smile. "It's okay."
The rest of the picnic passes in an awkward silence. Becca tries to act normal, but her mind keeps replaying the scene, the way Leon's eyes had closed as he leaned in, the way Sawyer had looked at him for a fleeting moment.
As the sun begins to set, Becca decides to leave.
BECCA (Standing up) I should probably get going. It was nice…
SAWYER (Standing up) Wait, Becca…
But Becca doesn't hear him. She spots someone walking towards them – a figure with familiar brown hair and a mischievous grin.
BECCA (To herself) Perfect timing.
She picks up a bucket of water that had been chilling in the cooler and, without a second thought, dumps it over the unsuspecting figure.
BECCA (Shouting) We're over!
She then turns and walks away, leaving the drenched figure sputtering in disbelief.
Only later, much later, does Becca realize that she had mistaken Spencer for Sawyer.
.End of flashback 2
FADE OUT.
Scene 3:
INT. COLLEGE THEATER - NIGHT
Rehearsals for "A Midsummer Night's Dream" are in full swing. Rockuletta, as director, paces the stage, offering notes to the cast.
ROCKULETTA More energy, everyone! Remember, this is a whimsical play, full of magic and mischief. Ethan, you're playing Puck, so I need more mischief, more mischief!
Ethan strikes a pose, his eyes twinkling.
ETHAN Mischief managed, Director!
Rockuletta smiles. "Managed" indeed. She notices Spencer watching from the sidelines, looking a bit overwhelmed.
ROCKULETTA (Approaching Spencer) Spencer, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the library, lost in a book?
Spencer jumps, startled.
SPENCER Oh, I... I just came to see what it was like.
ROCKULETTA It's more fun than it looks.
SPENCER (Hesitantly) Maybe... maybe I could try out for a small part.
Rockuletta's eyes widen. "Really?"
SPENCER (Nervously) I don't know... I'm not an actor.
ROCKULETTA Nonsense. You have a presence. A certain… intensity.
She looks at him thoughtfully.
ROCKULETTA Tell you what, I'll write you a small part. A silent role, just to start. You can see how it feels.
Spencer's eyes widen.
SPENCER Really? Thank you, Rockuletta.
ROCKULETTA Consider it a challenge. Now, back to work, everyone!
As Rockuletta returns to the stage, Spencer watches her with a mixture of awe and apprehension. He feels a strange excitement bubbling inside him, a feeling he hasn't experienced in a long time.
FADE OUT.
Scene 4:
INT. COLLEGE COFFEE SHOP - DAY
Francesca and Ethan are enjoying lattes.
ETHAN (Sipping his latte) So, have you heard anything from Sawyer?
Francesca shakes her head. "Nothing. He's been MIA since the incident."
ETHAN Poor guy. He needs to get out more. Maybe he should join a club.
FRANCESCA You think?
ETHAN Absolutely. Maybe the photography club? Or the hiking club? He could even try that pottery class I saw advertised.
Francesca smiles. "You know, you're not so bad, Ethan."
ETHAN (Grinning) I know.
Suddenly, their conversation is interrupted by the sound of a loud crash. They turn to see a young woman, looking flustered, struggling to pick up a stack of books that have fallen to the ground.
ETHAN (Jumping to his feet) Allow me, madam.
Ethan quickly helps the woman gather her books.
ETHAN (Smiling) Be careful.
The woman smiles gratefully.
WOMAN Thank you. You're very kind.
ETHAN It's no trouble at all. I'm Ethan, by the way. And this is Francesca.
WOMAN I'm Becca.
Francesca's eyes widen. Becca? The Becca?
FRANCESCA (Stuttering) B-Becca? As in…
BECCA (Smiling) Yes, the same Becca.
Francesca and Ethan exchange a look. Becca looks different, more confident, more assured.
ETHAN It's a pleasure to meet you, Becca.
BECCA Likewise. I'm actually on my way to the theater. I'm auditioning for a part in "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
Francesca and Ethan exchange another look. Could this be a sign?
FADE OUT.
Scene 5:
INT. COLLEGE THEATER - NIGHT
The theater is buzzing with activity as auditions for "A Midsummer Night's Dream" are underway. Rockuletta watches the auditions with a critical eye, her brow furrowed in concentration. Spencer sits nervously in the back row, observing the other actors with a mixture of apprehension and fascination.
Suddenly, the door opens and Becca enters. She's dressed in a simple black dress, her red hair cascading down her shoulders. Rockuletta's eyes widen.
ROCKULETTA (To herself) Well, well, well.
Becca approaches Rockuletta, her confidence surprising even herself.
BECCA Hello, I'm here for the auditions.
ROCKULETTA (Smiling) Excellent. Right this way.
Rockuletta leads Becca to the stage. As Becca prepares to audition, she catches sight of Spencer sitting in the back row. He looks up, startled, and their eyes meet. A wave of recognition washes over them, followed by a mixture of surprise and apprehension.
Becca takes a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. She remembers the humiliating incident at the park, the shame and embarrassment she felt. But now, standing on this stage, something shifts within her. She feels a surge of determination, a desire to prove to herself that she can move on, that she can overcome her past.
She begins to recite the lines for Hermia, her voice clear and strong, her movements graceful and expressive. As she performs, she can feel Spencer's eyes on her, watching intently.
Rockuletta watches Becca with growing admiration. Her performance is captivating, raw with emotion.
ROCKULETTA (To herself) This girl has fire in her eyes.
When Becca finishes, the room erupts in applause. Rockuletta beams at her.
ROCKULETTA Magnificent! You have a natural talent, Becca.
Becca smiles, feeling a surge of confidence she hasn't felt in a long time. She glances at Spencer again, and their eyes meet. A silent conversation passes between them, a recognition of shared history due to his twin brother mistake.
ROCKULETTA (To Spencer, who is still slightly dazed) Well, what do you think, Mr. Shakespeare?
Spencer, startled, stutters, "I… I think she was amazing."
Rockuletta raises an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes. "Amazing, huh? You seem a bit… mesmerized."
Spencer blushes. "I… I wasn't mesmerized. Just… impressed."
Rockuletta smiles knowingly. "You know, I think you might have some acting talent yourself, Mr. Spencer."
Spencer looks at her, surprised. "Me? Act?"
ROCKULETTA Why not? You have a certain intensity, a brooding intensity that could be very interesting on stage.
Spencer feels a jolt of excitement, a thrill he hasn't felt in a long time. Maybe Rockuletta is right. Maybe he should step out of his comfort zone.
Becca leaves the stage.
FADE OUT.
INT. ROCKULETTA'S APARTMENT - NIGHT
Francesca sprawls on Rockuletta's couch, dramatically sighing.
FRANCESCA Oh, the humanity! This date was a disaster. I went out with this guy, Anthony, and he talked about Shrek for an hour straight. An hour!
Rockuletta, mixing a cocktail, chuckles. "Sounds… interesting."
FRANCESCA Interesting? It was excruciating! He dissected every Shrek movie frame by frame, analyzed Donkey's character arc, and even, I kid you not, confessed that if he wasn't straight, he'd totally go for Shrek.
Rockuletta stops mixing, her eyes wide. "He… what?"
FRANCESCA "Forget Fiona," he declared. "I take Shrek for myself." I almost choked on my drink.
ROCKULETTA (Trying not to laugh) And then what?
FRANCESCA Then he tried to read me his Shrek fanfiction. Apparently, Shrek is a misunderstood poet, and Donkey is his muse.
Rockuletta bursts out laughing. "Oh my God, Francesca! This is the worst date ever!"
FRANCESCA The worst. And the place still smelled faintly of gym socks. I actually had to politely excuse myself to the bathroom and discreetly spray myself with my emergency perfume.
Rockuletta stifles a laugh. "Well, at least you had a story to tell." She hands Francesca a cocktail. "Here, this might help you forget about the Shrekian nightmare."
Francesca takes a sip, grimacing slightly. "Strong."
FRANCESCA (Continuing) And before I left, I did let him have a piece of my mind. I told him that perhaps his appreciation for Shrek was a little… intense. And that maybe, just maybe, he should consider expanding his dating pool beyond animated swamp ogres.
Rockuletta raises an eyebrow. "You go, girl!"
FRANCESCA (Grinning) I felt better after that.
Just then, the doorbell rings.
ROCKULETTA (Smiling) Speak of the devil.
Francesca raises an eyebrow. "What devil?"
ROCKULETTA (Winking) You'll see.
Rockuletta answers the door, grabbing her mini backpack and a light jacket.
ROCKULETTA Spencer! Come in, come in. Francesca's been regaling me with tales of her unique dating history.
Spencer enters, looking around the apartment.
SPENCER Hi Francesca.
FRANCESCA Hi Spencer.
Spencer looks a bit awkward.
SPENCER: So, are you ready to conquer Shakespeare?
ROCKULETTA I believe I am.
She heads out the door, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
FRANCESCA (To herself) You know, you make it too easy to tease you, Rockuletta.
FADE OUT.
INT. SPENCER'S APARTMENT - NIGHT
The apartment is dimly lit, the only source of light coming from a single lamp on the coffee table, casting long shadows across the room. Rockuletta sits on the floor, surrounded by scattered scripts. She closes her eyes, rehearsing lines in a low, husky voice.
"I do entreat your grace to pardon me. I know not by what power I am made bold, Nor how it may concern my modesty, In such a presence here to plead my thoughts."
She opens her eyes, focusing on the words in the script.
She continues, her voice filled with emotion, "But I beseech your grace that I may know The worst that may befall me in this case, If I refuse to wed Demetrius."
She trails off, lost in thought.
Suddenly, the doorbell rings. Rockuletta jumps, her heart pounding. She rushes to the door, her breath catching in her throat.
She opens the door, and Spencer stands there, a sheepish grin on his face.
SPENCER Hey, I'm back. Sorry I'm late.
Rockuletta stares at him, speechless. Spencer looks different, his hair slightly tousled, his eyes a little darker. He's not wearing his glasses, which makes him look even more intense, more vulnerable.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) Hi.
Spencer steps inside, closing the door behind him.
SPENCER Come on, let's go to my room. It's easier to concentrate there.
He gestures towards a door down the hall. Rockuletta follows him, her heart pounding a little faster than before.
Spencer's bedroom is cozy and inviting, with bookshelves overflowing with novels and a comfortable-looking armchair tucked into the corner. Sunlight streams through the window, illuminating dust motes dancing in the air.
Spencer sits on the edge of his bed, patting the space beside him. "Here, let's run through that scene where Hermia pleads her case to Theseus."
Rockuletta sits beside him, feeling a strange flutter in her stomach.
SPENCER (Reading his lines) "Fair Perigenes, I reckon thee my friend."
Rockuletta, trying to focus on the lines, finds her voice trembling slightly.
ROCKULETTA (Reading her lines) "I do entreat your grace to pardon me. I know not by what power I am made bold, Nor how it may concern my modesty, In such a presence here to plead my thoughts."
Spencer leans closer, his eyes intense.
SPENCER (Reading his lines) "I love thee well; but must not speak thereof."
ROCKULETTA (Reading her lines) "But I beseech your grace that I may know The worst that may befall me in this case, If I refuse to wed Demetrius."
Spencer reaches out and gently touches her hand, his fingers tracing the delicate lines of her palm.
SPENCER (Reading his lines) "To die is to be banish'd from his sight."
ROCKULETTA (Reading her lines) "Banish'd, my lord? What is this sentence, pray, From fair Athens, never to return?"
Spencer's gaze holds hers, his eyes filled with a longing that makes her breath catch in her throat. He leans closer, his face inches from hers.
SPENCER (Whispering) "You are forbid my sight."
Rockuletta's voice is barely a whisper.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) "Is that a hard thing? Common, seeming death! Ere I'll be forc'd to wed a man hated."
Spencer's breath fans her face. He leans in closer, his lips brushing against hers.
Suddenly, Rockuletta pulls back, her eyes widening. She looks at him, startled.
ROCKULETTA (Clearing her throat) We should… we should probably stick to the script.
Spencer looks at her, a mixture of confusion and disappointment in his eyes.
SPENCER Right. Of course.
He steps back, the moment shattered. The air in the apartment suddenly feels colder, thinner.
They continue rehearsing, their voices stiff and formal at first, but gradually relaxing as they become immersed in the play.
ROCKULETTA (Interrupting) I think I need some water.
SPENCER (Smiling) Let me get that for you.
Spencer gets up from the bed and heads towards the kitchen. Rockuletta watches him go, her heart pounding.
He returns a moment later, handing her a glass of water.
SPENCER Here you go.
Rockuletta takes a sip of the water, savoring the cool liquid. She sets the glass down on the nightstand beside the bed.
Spencer sits back down beside her, their shoulders brushing. He reaches out and gently tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
Rockuletta stares at him, her breath catching in her throat. She leans slightly towards him, their faces inches apart.
FADE OUT.
INT. SPENCER'S APARTMENT - NIGHT
Rockuletta sits on the edge of Spencer's bed, her heart pounding. She just took a sip of water, savoring the cool liquid. She sets the glass down on the nightstand beside the bed.
Spencer sits back down beside her, their shoulders brushing. He reaches out and gently tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
Rockuletta stares at him, her breath catching in her throat. His eyes are filled with a mixture of emotions – longing, uncertainty, and a raw, undeniable desire. She leans slightly towards him, her heart hammering against her ribs.
Spencer's hand, still resting on her cheek, slowly moves towards her
hair again, his fingers tracing the line of her jaw. He leans closer, his eyes searching hers.
Rockuletta closes her eyes, surrendering to the moment. This is what she's been waiting for, this connection, this undeniable pull.
Spencer's lips meet hers, a soft, tentative kiss at first. It's a gentle, exploratory kiss, a way for them to test the waters, to see if this is real, if this is something they both want.
Rockuletta responds instinctively, her arms wrapping around his neck. She deepens the kiss, her lips moving in sync with his. It's a passionate, consuming kiss, a release of all the pent-up tension between them.
They break apart, breathless, their foreheads resting against each other.
SPENCER (Whispering) I… I've wanted to do that for so long.
Rockuletta smiles, her eyes shining.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) Me too.
They hold each other close, the silence between them filled with a comfortable warmth.
SPENCER (After a moment) I… I don't know what this means. But I know that I've never felt like this about anyone before.
Rockuletta smiles, her eyes filled with love.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) Me neither.
They kiss again, this time with a deeper intensity, a stronger connection. They stay like that for a long time, their lips moving in a slow, sensual dance.
Spencer pulls back slightly, his eyes searching hers.
SPENCER (Whispering) Rockuletta…
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) Hmm?
SPENCER (Holding her close) I… I think I'm falling for you.
Rockuletta smiles, her heart overflowing with happiness.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) I think I might be falling for you too.
SPENCER (Holding her tighter) It started subtly. The way you argued with me about the blocking during rehearsals. You were so… passionate. So fierce. It both annoyed and intrigued me.
ROCKULETTA (Smiling) I do tend to get a little carried away.
SPENCER (Chuckling) Understatement. But it was… captivating. And then there was the teasing. The playful jabs, the way you'd roll your eyes at me. I'd spend hours later replaying those moments in my head, trying to decipher what they meant.
ROCKULETTA (Smiling) I never meant to…
SPENCER (Shaking his head) No, no. It was… intoxicating. I'd find myself making excuses to be near you, to see that mischievous glint in your eye.
He paused, taking a deep breath.
SPENCER And then there's the way you command a room. The way you light up when you're passionate about something. You're… you're mesmerizing.
Rockuletta's heart swells with warmth.
SPENCER (Continuing) I've never felt like this before, Rockuletta. My heart races every time you're near. I've even… I've even had to take cold showers because the thought of you does things to me that I can't quite control.
He buried his face in her hair, inhaling her scent.
SPENCER (Whispering) I think I'm losing my mind for you.
Rockuletta reaches up and gently places her hands over his, her fingers interlacing with his.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) I think I might be drowning in it, Spencer.
She leans into him, their lips meeting in a long, passionate kiss. This time, there is no hesitation, no fear. It's a surrender, a complete and utter giving in to the overwhelming feelings that have been building between them.
.INT. THEATER - BACKSTAGE - NIGHT
The air backstage is a whirlwind of nervous energy. Actors bustle about, adjusting costumes, checking makeup.
FRANCESCA (To herself, pacing) He's going to be amazing. I know it.
She catches sight of ETHAN, looking more nervous than she expected.
FRANCESCA Ethan! You look like you've seen a ghost.
ETHAN (Forcing a smile) Just… a little stage fright.
FRANCESCA You'll be fantastic. I know you will.
She gives him a reassuring pat on the arm.
ETHAN Thanks, Francesca. You too. You'll be mesmerizing as Helena.
FRANCESCA (Blushing) You think so?
ETHAN Absolutely.
Just then, LEON enters, looking dapper in his Theseus costume.
LEON Ready to conquer Athens, everyone!
He smiles warmly at everyone, including Francesca, but there's no hint of romantic interest in his gaze.
FRANCESCA (Smiling) Ready as I'll ever be.
LEON Break a leg, everyone.
He heads towards the stage.
ETHAN (To Francesca, a little too casually) He's… he's really good, isn't he?
FRANCESCA (Confused) Leon? Yes, he's incredible.
ETHAN Yeah.
He avoids her gaze, his mind racing. He should have told her. He should have been honest. But the words had gotten caught in his throat.
FRANCESCA (Concerned) Ethan, are you okay? You seem… off.
ETHAN (Forcing a smile) I'm fine. Just a little… nervous.
FRANCESCA (Placing a hand on his arm) It's okay. We've got this.
The stage manager calls for places.
STAGE MANAGER Places, everyone! Five minutes to curtain!
Ethan and Francesca head towards the wings.
INT. THEATER - AUDIENCE - NIGHT
In the audience, SAWYER, Ethan's identical twin brother, watches the stage intently. He's seated next to ROCKULETTA, who is directing a nervous SPENCER, who is playing Puck.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) Just breathe, Spencer. You've got this.
SPENCER (Taking a deep breath) I know. I know. But what if I forget my lines?
ROCKULETTA (Smiling) You won't. Trust me. You're going to be amazing.
SPENCER (Looking at Sawyer) Think I can do this, Sawyer?
Sawyer nods encouragingly. "You'll be fantastic. I have no doubt."
INT. THEATER - STAGE - NIGHT
The lights dim. The audience gasps as the stage lights illuminate the set. The play begins.
INT. THEATER - BACKSTAGE - NIGHT
Ethan watches Francesca perform, mesmerized by her talent, her passion. He sees the way Leon interacts with everyone, friendly and supportive, but there's no romantic spark in his eyes for Francesca.
A wave of relief washes over Ethan. He realizes that his fears were unfounded.
INT. THEATER - STAGE - NIGHT
The play progresses. Becca, playing Hermia, delivers her powerful speech to Theseus, played by Leon. The audience is captivated.
INT. THEATER - BACKSTAGE - NIGHT
Ethan watches Becca perform, admiring her strength and vulnerability. He remembers the pain Sawyer has caused her, and a pang of guilt washes over him thinking of it
INT. THEATER - BACKSTAGE - NIGHT
The actors take their bows, beaming with pride.
LEON (To Francesca, beaming) That was incredible!
He pulls her into a friendly hug. Ethan watches them, a genuine smile on his face.
FRANCESCA (Smiling) Thank you, Leon. You were amazing too.
LEON (Smiling) Thanks, Francesca. You were brilliant.
Ethan feels a sense of lightness he hasn't felt in a long time. He can finally relax and enjoy the success of the play.
INT. THEATER - GREEN ROOM - NIGHT
The cast celebrates backstage, champagne flowing. Ethan joins the celebration, feeling a renewed sense of joy and camaraderie.
FRANCESCA (Approaching him) Ethan! That was incredible!
ETHAN (Smiling) You were amazing, Francesca.
FRANCESCA (Smiling) You too.
She looks at him, a question in her eyes.
FRANCESCA (Softly) Ethan… There's something I need to tell you.
Ethan's heart sinks. He knows what's coming.
ETHAN (Taking a deep breath) You don't have to…
FRANCESCA (Interrupting) It's not what you think. I know.
Ethan stares at her, bewildered.
FRANCESCA Sawyer told me.
Ethan's eyes widen.
FRANCESCA About you and Leon.
Ethan sighs in relief.
ETHAN You know?
FRANCESCA (Smiling gently) Yes.
ETHAN I… I was so afraid of how you'd react.
FRANCESCA (Putting a hand on his arm) It's okay, Ethan. I… I understand.
Ethan feels a surge of relief and gratitude. He knows he has a long way to go, but he also knows that his friendship with Francesca can finally be honest and true.
INT. THEATER - AUDIENCE - NIGHT
Sawyer, Rockuletta, and Spencer watch the scene unfold from the audience. Rockuletta gives Sawyer a knowing look.
ROCKULETTA (Whispering) I think that went better than expected.
SPENCER (Smiling) I think so too.
Sawyer smiles, relieved for his brother. He knows that this is just the beginning of a new chapter for Ethan, and he's confident that Ethan will find happiness.
FADE OUT.


Comments
Post a Comment