Poem: Free From The Past
Free From The Past
I fell for you like water that falls from the February sky,
But now I'm tired of believing every sweet word you supply.
We share a strange comfort, an easy rapport,
But I can't keep holding on, I can't ask for more.
You're kind and sweet, your presence is a balm,
But I can't rely on you to be there when the storm comes.
If the roles were reversed, would you lean on me?
Or would I be left standing alone, lost at sea?
It's time to close this chapter, to say our goodbyes,
Before I get swept up in your charming lies.
You may have fooled me once, but not anymore,
I won't be fooled into believing two plus two is five, that's for sure.
Maybe in a fleeting moment, I could've been your love,
But reality hits hard, and the truth rises above.
We can't keep pretending, living in a dream,
It's time to let go, time to release the seam.
Two plus two will never equal five, that's a fact,
And we can't force love where there's no pact.
Let's leave the fantasy and fiction behind,
And move forward separately, with peace of mind.
I cherish the moments we shared, the laughter and the joy,
But it's time to part ways, time to deploy.
I wish you well on your journey, on the road you choose,
But I know in my heart, it's time for me to lose.
So goodbye, my sweet illusion, my temporary fantasy,
I'll cherish the memories, but I'll set myself free.
I deserve more than half-truths and pretty lies,
I deserve a love that's real, that never dies.
I fell for you like water falling from the sky,
But now I'm ready to spread my wings and fly.
I'll soar above the clouds, leaving you behind,
And embrace a future where true love I'll find.
Goodbye, my dear, it's time to part ways,
I'll carry you in my heart through the rest of my days.
But I'll no longer hold on to what could never be,
I'll let go of the illusion, and finally be free.



Comments
Post a Comment