Poem: Let it rain

 Let it rain

It's raining, it's raining, it's raining

Yet you still come find me just in time

You still come see me

You still smile at me and tell me to look right into your eyes

It's raining, it's raining, it's raining

But neither of us mind

Walking around the town

Smiling, enjoying each other's company

Yeah, let this last a while


The rain falls gently on our heads

Creating a soothing rhythm as we walk

Hand in hand, navigating the wet streets

But we are lost in our own world

Lost in each other's presence

Lost in the moment of pure bliss


The raindrops kiss our skin

Cooling us down while the world around us heats up

People rush by with umbrellas and frowns

But we are lost in our own bubble

We don't need protection from the storm

As long as we have each other


It's raining, it's raining, it's raining

And then all of a sudden

You hear a thunder clap

Car alarms all over the city start to go off

And then we start to laugh

Enjoying each other's company

Until it's time for us to go


We take shelter under a awning of a building and watch as the rain pours down in sheets

The sound of the storm is deafening

But in this moment, all I can hear is your laughter

And all I can see is your smiling face


We talk about our hopes and dreams

About the things that make us who we are

You listen intently, hanging on every word

And I feel seen, truly seen, in a way I've never felt before

It's like you are unraveling the layers of my soul

And I am allowing myself to be vulnerable with you


The rain begins to let up

But neither of us wants to leave

We linger in the moment, savoring each second

Knowing that we will meet up again very soon

And thankful for the rain

And the memories that I have with you


The way you smile, the way we stay

Talking about how different our lives have been

And how similar they have been

You getting to know me, me getting to know you

It's a dance of discovery

A journey of connection

And I am grateful for every step we take together


The rain has stopped

But the love in my heart for you

Continues to pour down like an endless storm

I am drenched in your presence

I am soaked in your essence

And I never want to dry off


It's raining, it's raining, it's raining

But I've always loved the rain

And now, I love it even more

Because it brought me to you

And in your arms, I have found my shelter

I have found my peace

I have found my home


So let it rain, let it pour

I will always be here

With you, in this moment

In this love

In this beautiful, drenched existence


It's raining, it's raining, it's raining

But with you by my side

I am not afraid

I am not alone

I am whole


And in this downpour of emotion

I am grateful

For the rain

For you

For us.


Comments

Popular Posts