Poem: My Mixed Colored world

The clue is blue, a color so true

It reminds me of those eyes, so deep and so blue

Like the ocean and the rain, it's calming and serene

But why do people paint it as a color of despair, so keen?


I refuse to feel blue, to succumb to the sadness

I'd rather jump ship to red, the color of love and madness

Of roses and cherries, of passion and desire

A color so bold, it sets my heart on fire


But why do we associate red with stopping, with rage?

With a need for revenge, a desire to engage

In conflict and turmoil, in anger and hate

I'd rather see red as a symbol of love, not fate


And then there's green, the color of life and growth

Of grass and stems, of celery and oath

It's a color I adore, so fresh and so pure

But emotionally wearing, it can make me feel unsure


Like a bad habit, it creeps up on me

Making me nauseous, making me see

That green is not always a color of peace

It can be a reminder of worries that never cease


And finally, there's black, a color so sleek

It goes with everything, from head to toe, cheek to cheek

From hoodies to pants, from cars to watches

But as an ethnicity, they try to hide in its clutches


Running from the colors that define who we are

Trying to blend in, to become a star

In a sea of darkness, where black reigns supreme

I embrace the colors of my world, the ones that make me beam


So let the clue be blue, and the red be love

Let the green be growth, and the black rise above

For in a world full of colors, let us not be afraid

To embrace the beauty of every shade.


Comments

Popular Posts