Poem: Wake Up Call
Wake UP Call
You say I'm pretty, you stare at me
But then you try to set me free
With someone else, you want to see
How I'll react, what will be
You want me, then you don't
Your feelings mixed, your actions won't
Match up with what you say
I'm not a toy for you to play
You try to walk back into my life
But I won't let you cause me strife
I'm not the girl you used to know
I've grown, I've learned, I've let you go
You play with my emotions
But I won't fall for your devotions
Your yes, your no, your maybe
I won't let you drive me crazy
You keep trying to win me back
But I see through your facade, your act
I won't be a second choice
I won't be your backup voice
You knock on my sister's door
Trying to reach me, wanting more
But I won't let you in
I won't let you win
I have to love myself too
I won't be a puppet on a string for you
You can't just come and go
I won't be your show
I'm not sorry for saying no
I won't be your Taylor Swift love story show
I have to move on, let you go
I won't be your puppet, your show
I won't let you play with my heart
I won't let you tear me apart
I'm strong, I'm firm, I'm true
I won't be a game for you
So go on your way
I won't let you stay
I'm not yours to bend
I won't be your friend
I'll find someone true
Someone who won't play games with you
I'll move on, I'll be free
I won't be your puppet, your fantasy
I'm not sorry for taking a stand
I won't be at your command
I'm not yours to control
I won't be your doll
So goodbye to you
I won't let you through
I'm moving on, I'm moving free
I won't be your puppet, your fantasy.



Comments
Post a Comment