Poem:2001
I am from the year two thousand and one, A time of innocence, before the world had begun To change and shift, to morph and twist, A time when technology was on the rise, but not yet in every fist.
I am from the year two thousand and one, When the Twin Towers still stood, tall in the sun, Before the darkness fell, before the world seemed to split, A time when we were one, before we knew what we'd miss.
I am from the year two thousand and one, When the music was loud, and the future looked fun, When we danced and sang, and believed in our dreams, A time when hope was a river, flowing in streams.
I am from the year two thousand and one, When the world was our playground, and the stars our sun, When we reached for the sky, and dared to be great, A time when the impossible seemed just a little late.
I am from the year two thousand and one, When we still played outside, under the setting sun, When we climbed trees and scraped knees, and laughed till we cried, A time when the world was an adventure, just waiting to be tried.
I am from the year two thousand and one, A time of wonder, a time of fun, A time when we were young, and the world was our own, A time when we still believed, that we could build a home.
I am from the year two thousand and one, A hopeful child, in a world yet undone, With dreams in my pocket, and fire in my soul, A time when I still believed, that anything could be my goal.
I am from the year two thousand and one, A time when we were one, under the same sun, A time when we still believed, that love could conquer all, A hopeful child, standing tall.



Comments
Post a Comment