Poem:My Mind and Heart Fight

 

My mind will always speak the truth, 

It's a gift and a curse, from my youth. 

And my heart longs for a dream, 

A hope, a wish, that isn't as it seems. 


I yearn to believe in something divine, 

A love that transcends both space and time. 

But reality rears its ugly head, 

And shatters the illusions that my heart once fed. 


No matter how desperately I wish it so, 

My mind predicts the outcome, it knows. 

And when I speak the words aloud, 

They echo with a certainty that makes me proud. 


But why must it always be this way? 

Why can't my heart lead the way, just for one day? 

I can see with my eyes what my heart can't perceive, 

A truth that is hard for my soul to believe. 


It's unbearable at times, to know the truth, 

To accept it, to face it, to lose my youth. 

But my heart refuses to listen, to hear, 

It clings to the fantasy, to that which is dear. 


And so the battle between mind and heart rages on, 

A silent war that leaves me feeling torn. 

My mind speaks the truth, my heart remains blind, 

It's a cycle that repeats, a pattern that binds. 


I try to reason, to logic my way through, 

To find a balance between the old and the new. 

But my mind always triumphs, in the end, 

Leaving my heart broken, unable to mend. 


It's a sad reality, a painful truth, 

That my mind will always speak the truth. 

And though my heart may never understand, 

I must accept the wisdom of my mind's command. 


So I go on, through life's twists and turns, 

Knowing that my mind will always discern. 

And though it may be hard, and my heart may ache, 

I trust in the truth, for my mind won't forsake. 


The journey is long, the road is rough, 

But I'll continue to follow the path, no matter how tough. 

For in the end, I know that I'll find, 

A peace that comes from a heart and mind aligned. 


And so I'll embrace the truth, no matter how hard, 

For my mind will never steer me wrong, it stands guard. 

And though my heart may long for something untrue, 

I'll listen to my mind, for its wisdom rings true. 


So let the truth be spoken, let it be heard, 

For my mind will always speak the truth, every word. 

And though my heart may never understand, 

I'll trust in the guidance of my mind's steady hand. 


For in the end, it's the truth that sets me free, 

And in that truth, I find the strength to be. 

So I'll walk this path with my head held high, 

Knowing that my mind will never tell a lie. 


And though it may be hard, and my heart may weep, 

I'll listen to my mind, its promises to keep. 

For in the end, when all is said and done, 

I'll find peace in the truth, my battle won. 


So let my mind speak, let it be heard, 

For its voice is the truth, every word. 

And though my heart may never know, 

I'll trust in the wisdom that my mind does show. 


For in the end, it's the truth that prevails, 

In a world full of lies and tall tales. 

So I'll stand tall, with my mind as my guide, 

And in that truth, I'll forever abide.


Comments

Popular Posts