Thankful If Not Thankful Enough (poem)

Thankful If Not Thankful Enough

I'm thankful for you,

I'm thankful for the fact that you're here.

I'm thankful for every time you tell me to be patient,

For the wisdom and calm that radiates from you.


I'm thankful for every time you hug me,

For the warmth and security that envelops me.

I'm thankful for the kindness you show,

Even when I'm being difficult or standoffish.


2025 has been a whirlwind, a rollercoaster of emotions,

But when I think I can't take anymore,

You're there, a beacon of hope,

Reminding me that kindness still exists.


Your presence in my life is a gift,

A reminder that even in darkness,

There is still light to be found.


Some days, my soul feels cold and unlovable,

But then I think of all the ways you've shown

Unconditional acceptance and understanding,

And I'm overcome with gratitude.


I'm thankful for you,

Even when I'm not always easy to be around.

I'm thankful for your patience,

For looking beyond my flaws and imperfections.


2025 may have been a challenging year,

But it's also the year I met you,

And for that, I'm eternally grateful.


You're the reason my sanity has held on,

The one constant in a chaotic world.

I'm thankful, I'm thankful, I'm thankful,

For this person who brings light into my life,

Who reminds me that even in the darkest times,

There is still hope and goodness to be found.


Comments

Popular Posts